PET SHOP BOYS SONG-BY-SONG COMMENTARY - THIS WEEK'S PSB SURVEY -> Missing tracksStart A New Topic | Reply
Post InfoTOPIC: Missing tracks
Posted By: Mika H

Posted On: 12 days ago
Views: 164
Missing tracks

IMO, the Further Listening discs should have, at the very least, also included these tracks:

Introspective:
- Left To My Own Devices 12" extended mix

Very:
- All of Relentless

Nightlife:
- I Don't Know What You Want but I Can't Give It Any More (Peter Rauhoffer New York Mix)

Fundamental:
- The extended version of The Resurrectionist

Posted By: Bill Bahlman

Posted On: 12 days ago
Views: 148
RE: Missing tracks

Thank you Mike for pointing out these missing tracks. I was particularly sad to see that all of Relentless was not included with Very. The Yes album was released as a triple album, so could have been possible to issue a three album for Very. I guess they wanted to stick to the tracks of the original Further Listening releases. I think they said that they were keeping to the original track listings so fans wouldn’t need to buy both. It would be exciting for PSB’s to release a Relentless Further Listening album with an extra disc of demos, etc.

Posted By: Raymond

Posted On: 10 days ago
Views: 87
RE: RE: Missing tracks

I am pretty certain that the Further Listening discs consisted of only Pet Shop Boys remixes, not ones done by others, such as Peter Rauhofer, good as they may have been.

I voted for the Actually bonus disc, because it has my favorite remix, the extended mix of "Always on my mind." It would have been nice if it also had the Ian Levine mix of "It's a sin," but that didn't qualify. However, the PSB disco mix is a great version, too.

Posted By: Jules

Posted On: 10 days ago
Views: 74
RE: Missing tracks

I was surprised that "You've Got to Start Somewhere" didn't surface on the Nightlife set. It's one of PSB's most well-known unreleased tracks and is (was - not checked for a while) readily available on YouTube and on bootleg CDs. Was this the one that had a sample they couldn't get clearance for?

Posted By: Wayne

Posted On: 9 days ago
Views: 64
RE: Missing tracks

Jules -- I'm not aware of "You've Got to Start Somewhere" including any samples, although I could be wrong about that. They did repurpose part of the track for certain sections of "The Most Incredible Thing," but I don't think that alone would "disqualify" it. It's possible, I suppose, that the Boys have decided that they simply don't like the track and would prefer not to "sanction" it, so to speak. But only they know for sure.

Thanks!

Wayne

Posted By: Mika H

Posted On: 9 days ago
Views: 48
RE: Missing tracks

@Raymond: Oh yeah! Even the "Shep Pettibone" remix of Heart in the Actually FL disc is credited to both Shep and PSB.

Oh well! A shame that "Big Piano" will likely never see a release, too...

Posted By: Jelle

Posted On: 8 days ago
Views: 19
RE: Missing tracks

I love the Swing Version of Can you forgive her.
It should have been on the Further Listening version of Very!

I love the FL of Bilingual most :)

Posted By: Wayne

Posted On: 8 days ago
Views: 17
RE: Missing tracks

I agree completely about the CYFH? Swing Version.

Wayne