HOME - BASEBALL IMPROVEMENT -> Bases ElectrifiedStart A New Topic | Reply
Post InfoTOPIC: Bases Electrified
Posted By: GirlUWant

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 864
Bases Electrified

That would be funny, because I hate it when I know that I am about to be shocked! Sometimes I wear my knit track suit to work and I just know that I am going to be shocked by the printer and the file cabinet at least 20 times in the day. Sometimes the static electricity is so bad that I get shocked when I turn the water on and put my hand in the water. That is weird...



Posted By: Snrub

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 855
RE: Bases Electrified

I just finished vacuuming the floor here at home and if I dont have one hand on the hose and the other on the plastic handle I get the biggest static zap ever. The last one I got was a really loud zap!!!

Stupid friggin electricity, who needs it?


Posted By: GirlUWant

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 851
RE: Bases Electrified

You want to go back to oil lanterns and wring-dry washing machines, oh, and sweeping your dirt floor with a broom? If you want that, go be on Survivor! No thank you...


Posted By: Syrgot

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 848
RE: Bases Electrified

Who sweeps a dirt floor?


Posted By: Syrgot

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 846
RE: Bases Electrified

I thought they made that up in little house on the prairie.


Posted By: Snrub

Posted On: May 1, 2005
Views: 831
RE: Bases Electrified

PMS?


Posted By: Bakakage

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 826
RE: Bases Electrified

GUW, usually massive amounts of static discharge from the body is caused by dehydration. Static electricity builds up much faster in dry materials than moist. As a guy who went to school for electronics, as well as a person who is permanently in a state of low hydration (usually i dont drink water or anything close to it, just soda) I used to work in a woodworking machine sales store that i built up mad static off the carpet and would have to discharge at least once every 5-10 minutes. a few charges were strong enough to leave a mark in the paint on the machines i shocked :-\ (boss never found out, i was only there a few months)

In other words, try drinking a lot more water. if after a week there is no change you might wanna see a doctor.


Posted By: James

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 823
RE: Bases Electrified

I get to work before any of the managers get there. When I wear this ****ty wool jacket that starshmucks made us pay for I go in the back to the register PC system. I touch them to shock them. It's only worked three times since September, but the've gone through two hard drives.

"But I cant open withought a register, unless you want to give out free coffee?"

lol, could be a good thing Thursday is my last day.


Posted By: Snrub

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 821
RE: Bases Electrified

LOL, wish I had thought of that. Zapping PC's, cool.


Posted By: GirlUWant

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 816
RE: Bases Electrified

Bakakage - I only seem to have this problem when I wear my knit track suit! None of my other outfits do that. Every time I wear it, after the first time I get shocked, I think to myself, crap, when will I ever learn not to wear this outfit to work. It doesn't happen at home, at all!

Live and don't learn...lol...


Posted By: adam

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 812
RE: Bases Electrified

that means you are alwayws dehydrated, no more mountain dew!

DM - Those PCs shouldnt even have hard drives, the registers right? You made up that whole post.


Posted By: GirlUWant

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 807
RE: Bases Electrified

adam - it only happens when I wear the track suit AT work! So maybe we need a humidifier at work, huh?


Posted By: adam

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 804
RE: Bases Electrified

still...switch that mountain dew for a bottled water...it is healthier


Posted By: GirlUWant

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 796
RE: Bases Electrified

I don't drink THAT much Mountain Dew, probably one can a day. It is just by far, my favorite! Whenever I go out to dinner, I always order water, and at home I drink tea in the evening. My favorite tea is Black Cherry Berry combined with regular Lipton Tea, and a very small amount of sugar. I wish they put that in a can. Tea is either unsweetened or super-sweetened. Maybe we should start a new low-sugar tea company...oddtodd tea!


Posted By: adam

Posted On: May 2, 2005
Views: 792
RE: Bases Electrified

yeah raspberry ice tea is really good, but its really sweet


Pages [ 1 2 3 ] Next Page ->  

HOME